Here's a look at Spring 2017 fashion trends
Welcome to our new web store! We're excited you're here!
While we're still a couple of months away from the official start of Spring, Spring fashions are shipping and filling your favorite stores. Although we've still got time to wear our winter clothes and in Cincinnati, probably several more wet, cold, grey days ahead, seeing spring fashions in store windows brings a smile to my face. And, as is the case with each new season, we're asked about the hottest trends. Here's what we're seeing for spring and what you'll be seeing at Trend Boutique.
1) Cold Shoulder: If you've been avoiding buying an open shoulder piece because you're afraid the trend will quickly pass, think again. They're hotter than ever for spring and summer, and we're even seeing it stick around for Fall. Cold shoulder, one shoulder, and off the shoulder are all popular, but the cold shoulder is our favorite since it's the easiest to wear. We've got several affordable options (with more to come), so it's easy to try without overspending.
2) Loose and oversized pieces: I love the oversized, loose style. Maybe it's because I'm a mom of three young kids, and I live in comfortable, easy to wear pieces. Any size, shape, and body style can wear these pieces, so I'm hoping it's here to stay.
3) Dusters/Long cardigans: Long cardigans or dusters can be worn with almost anything. They look great over dresses, with a basic tee and denim, and are a fun way to dress up a graphic tee and shorts. We love the light weight floral or printed dusters. They make almost any outfit look "springy".
4) Florals and stripes: These prints always seem to be a spring staple. And, florals have been popular in every season lately. But, this spring you'll see more light pinks, creams, and neutral florals. Mixing prints is also fun, and stripes and florals are seen together this spring.
5) Laces: We're not talking laces for your shoes. Think v-neck tops with string lacing for closure or lacing up the sleeve of a top.